Monday, September 24, 2012

Fairy and Fairy Accessories

I'v channeled Hank Hill and have made some Fairies and Fairy Accessories to go along with the array of mummified fairies.  (Keep watching for that post coming up soon!)

My inner graphic designer has come out to play with the fairy labels, and I've had a ton of fun putting together what looks to me like a reasonably passable early 20th century advertisement!

Fairy Berries
As is warned on the label, fairies must be fed at least two bottles of fairy nectar a day....I figured as with most 'pets' there ought to be treats!  Thus, "Fairy Berries"!  


Border from The Graphics Fairy, fairy graphic from Wikipedia - text and layout by me.


Fairy Nectar
It's really too bad that the previous owners of our poor fairies didn't have a large bottle of 'Fairy Nectar' to keep their fairies alive!  We had to warn multiple people that Fairy Nectar is not, under any circumstances, for human consumption!  (Good thing I glued the corks in nice and tight!)


Border from The Graphics Fairy, fairy graphic from Wikipedia - text and layout by me.

Fairy Wings
For people who want to capture their own wild fairies, Queen Fairy Wing clippings do the trick!  (One little boy was a little over-excited about attracting fairies to his garden....we had to warn him that fairies may or may not be extinct, and it would be better, perhaps, to just.....look at the bottle of 'fairy wings'!)  

Unfortunately  (or fortunately!), we sold out of Fairy Wings, so I don't have any pictures to show you, but here is the label we used!

Border from The Graphics Fairy, fairy graphic from Wikipedia - text and layout by me.

Fairy Labels
I made up a whole range of labels as design and ideas formulated, and decided it would be nice to have some aged labels on their own available.  Each label is backed by card, and treated to look appropriately aged.  The 'specimen labels' were used on the framed fairies, and the tall labels are attached to some of the other fairies.  Mysterious enough yet?  




Border from The Graphics Fairy - text and layout by me.

Border from The Graphics Fairy, fairy graphic from Wikipedia - text and layout by me.

***And now for the PSA: "You can buy any of the above/request a special commission from our Etsy shop, or by dropping us a note here, on this blog, or email us!***

No comments:

Post a Comment